Atlanta Business Attorney
Regardless of the size of your business, you need a continuing relationship with an experienced business attorney. There are a number of things you can do to find the right Atlanta business attorney.
Gather a list of business attorneys in Atlanta that you can narrow down. To find your list of potential candidates, ask for references and contact local bar associations for recommendations. You can also seek out Atlanta business attorneys on the Web and via social networking.
Once you have a few names, look at the biographies and web sites for the business law attorneys and their law firms. The attorney that you hire should have experience in the area of business law that you need. Some other things that you can do include the following:
- Examine the web sites of the business lawyers for a list of representative clients. An attorney that represents businesses similar to yours can be a good fit.
- Search the Internet under the name of the business attorney in Atlanta and look for articles, blogs or other informational pieces the lawyer has written.
- Ask other business owners if they have heard of the business lawyers and find out what they think about them.
- Examine the Yellow Pages of your telephone directory to see the type of advertising the business lawyers have.
- Search the archives of local papers online and use search engines such as Google and Bing to see if there has been any publicity about the business attorneys you are considering.
- Think about any special needs you have. For example, could you benefit from a business attorney who speaks a language other than English? Would you like a business attorney who also can handle employment law issues or has a great deal of contract law experience?
- Hire a lawyer with an office that is not too far away from your business to make meeting with the lawyer easier and a better use of your time.
Atlanta business attorneys
Business lawyers can be business litigators or transactional lawyers. Lawyers who handle lawsuits are called business litigators, while those who handle contracts and corporate matters are called transactional lawyers. Some law firms, such as The Reddy Law Firm, P.C., handle both types of business law in Atlanta. We also focus on employment law issues.