Atlanta Business Law Attorney
Georgia businesses of all sizes need affordable and results-oriented attorneys. The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. provides a wide range of business legal services and advising for Atlanta businesses. As a highly regarded business law attorney in Atlanta, K.P. Reddy serves clients that include individuals, large and small businesses, sole proprietorships and non-profit corporations. Our business firm in Atlanta believes a knowledgeable lawyer can be invaluable to your organization’s success. The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. provides the effective legal counsel that your business needs.
Georgia law considers a corporation to be a separate legal entity. This means that shareholders have limited liability for the obligations of the corporation. However, exceptions do exist — sometimes to the detriment of the business. This is where the input of an Atlanta business attorney like K.P. Reddy is crucial.
K.P. Reddy offers corporations valuable legal counsel in the areas of:
- Fiduciary relationships
- Shares and stockholders
- Directors and officers
- Dissolution and receivership
- Franchise relationships
- Management duties and liabilities
In Georgia, business law refers to the dealings of non-corporations such as limited liability companies (LLCs) and partnerships. K.P. Reddy represents companies in all aspects of business law, including the following:
- Business formation — Our firm is familiar with Georgia business laws, and we can guide you through establishing your business while working to minimize risk and negative exposure. We can assist you with the important first step of selecting the proper business entity to start your business.
- Business litigation — The wide range of business or commercial litigation includes, but is not limited to, such matters as problems with business formation; disputes among owners, partners or members; joint-ventures; breach of contract; breach of fiduciary duties; contract interpretation disputes; specific performance of contracts; tortious interference with contracts; and injunctions. Whether the matters involve small businesses or large companies, The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. can ardently represent you should your matter require business litigation in Atlanta or elsewhere in Georgia.
- Business planning — Choosing an appropriate business entity structure is one of the most important aspects of forming a business. When starting a new business, necessary considerations should include personal liability, federal and state taxation, ownership structure, profit distributions, tax structure benefits, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, succession plans and management provisions. The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. provides in-depth analysis of your business needs and can help guide your new company to a proper business entity form.
Our Atlanta business law firm also provides substantial business planning advisory services. Our experience in business can support our clients in creating and executing a robust strategy to allow their companies to live up to their potential.
We walk clients through the early steps of forming a business, obtaining proper licenses and tax information and assist with any commercial leases, employment contracts and any other business startup needs.
One of the first decisions to make when starting your business is the selection of the appropriate business entity under Georgia law. The Atlanta business law attorneys of The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. can advise you of the benefits and drawbacks associated with the various forms of business entities and can assist you with determining the best choice for your business.
The firm is adept at assisting with the following types of business formation:
- Sole proprietorship
- General partnership
- Limited partnership
- Limited liability partnership
- Limited liability company
All business registrations are made with the Georgia Secretary of State.
Once you select your business entity, your Atlanta business law attorney can help prepare the documents you require to operate your business successfully, including but not limited to the following:
- Business operating licenses and permits and tax certificates
- Brand, company, product and service naming
- Trademark and intellectual property issues
- Business plan development, review and strategy
- Business development including marketing strategy
- Risk reduction and avoidance
- Employment law compliance policies and training
- Agreements and contracts
- Articles of incorporation
- Partnership agreements
- Business agreements
- Organizational documents
- Trade secret issues
- Infringement issues
- Cease and desist
- Business solutions end to end
- Buy/sell agreements
Buying and selling businesses
The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. can review all the legal documents for the purchase of your business and can assist you with your due diligence. The firm can help you avoid pitfalls and can smooth your business-buying experience by handling details and paperwork in a timely and meticulous fashion.
Our firm can assist you with negotiation and drafting of all types of contracts. Should disputes arise, we are available to provide assistance with resolution of your problems.
The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. is skilled in all aspects of employment law and can assist you with integrating practices into your business to avoid legal problems that arise in this area.
The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. is experienced in preparing the documents you require to operate your partnership successfully and can handle disputes that may arise.
An Atlanta small business attorney from The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. can give you legal assistance with your small business. Our experienced attorneys can advise and counsel you on business management and represent you should you be faced with litigation.
The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. can assist you with record-keeping and proper documentation for business transactions, as well as disputes that arise over business transactions.
Building a successful business requires more than just hard work. It takes the dedication and experience of a talented team — including an attorney who can help your company avoid errors and recover from legal issues.
Ongoing business advisory services
Business needs often change during the lifetime of a company. The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. small business law services provide the necessary support to convert entity forms, ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and provide additional employment resources for compliance with legal employment policies and procedures.
We provide employment agreements, goods and services contracts, commercial leases, small business litigation, contract litigation and dispute mediation and resolution, business advising and counseling, employment policy manuals, employment dispute resolution, mergers, annual filings and revisions to articles of organization.
Atlanta business law attorneys can help
Are you seeking business law attorneys in Atlanta or elsewhere in Georgia? Is your corporation or business in need of excellent legal representation? Then contact The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. today. The Reddy Law Firm, P.C. can advise you on all aspects of business law, including transactions, litigation and compliance.